12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
On the twelfth day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me
Twelve peanut butter cup treats,
Eleven thumbprint cookies,
Ten festive pinwheels,
Nine shortbread cookies,
Eight gingerbread people,
Seven layer cookies,
Five Sugar Cookies,
Four Viennese Crescents,
Three Candy Cane cookies,
Two Toffee Squares,
And a cookie shaped like a Christmas tree.
I have to admit – my grandmother never made these cookies, but I had to add them to this list because they are my current favorite. What could be better than a peanut butter cup enveloped in a peanut butter cookie?
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
- Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.
Decorate with sprinkles or nonpareils if you’d like.
For gift-giving, place in sliding Santa treat boxes.
Photo credit: Leslie
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page