12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Toffee Squares
On the second day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me
Two Toffee Squares,
And a cookie shaped like a Christmas tree.
These Toffee Squares are sweet, salty, and decadent. My sister -unlike me – isn’t a big fan of chocolatey or rich desserts, but this is one cookie we agree on. We both find them addictive.
Here’s our Grandma’s recipe.
The second day of Christmas…
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt until dough is well blended.
- Spread in a 13×10 sized rectangle on a greased baking sheet.
- Leave about 1 inch all around edge of a baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned. Crust will be soft.
- Remove from oven and immediately place chocolate chips on top. Let stand until soft; spread evenly over entire surface.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired. Cut in small squares while warm.
Store cooled squares in holiday goodie bags or decorative tins.
Please be sure to tune in tomorrow for our third recipe!
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page