Best Beer Bread Recipes
As a child, my father was always the bread maker. I would sit and watch in awe as the bread dough would slowly rise. His recipes were always perfectly delicious.
As an adult, I suppose I am on that same quest for great bread recipes. And since his bread recipes are already perfected, I thought I would share his recipe with you all as well as another recipe I found on the Internet. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family does.
Pop’s Beer Bread
- 3 c. self rising flour
- 1 tbls. sugar
- 2 tbls. honey
- 1 bottle Samuel Adams Lager beer
- Mix in bowl with spoon. Pour into greased bread pan and place in a warm oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
No Knead Beer Bread
- 3. flour
- 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 3. tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. beer (I used a Texas beer called Shiner Bock)
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into bread pan.
- Cover bread with plastic wrap. Allow bread dough to sit and rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425. Place bread pan with risen dough in oven and reduce temperature to 350. Bake for 55 minutes or until internal bread temperature is about 200 degrees.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page