Carrot Ginger Bisque
Maybe it’s the crisp weather that has finally come upon us, but I am in a cooking mood! I wanted to surprise one of my daughters with her favorite soup today, so I am going to share my recipe with you all.
The creamy texture of this soup is so filling and the warming spices of ginger, cumin and curry will warm you up even on the coldest of days.
Carrot Ginger Bisque
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 c. cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 knobs of ginger, finely grated
- 2 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 1/2 lb. carrots, chopped
- Dash of cayenne
- Optional: Sour cream
- In a stock pot, melt butter and saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Add grated ginger and spices and stir well.
- Next, add carrots and vegetable stock and cook until carrots have softened. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cashews and cook 10 more minutes.
- Allow soup to cool slightly and add to a food processor.
- Process mixture until smooth.
- Optional: top with sour cream and serve warm.
*Hint – if soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock to get the desired consistency.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page