Delicious and Healthy Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars
There is no added sugar. No flour. No oil. No “bad” ingredients like hydrogenated-this or deep-fried that. Just real, whole food. Plus, it’s gluten-free and vegan (as long as you consider honey to be vegan) and has 4 grams of fiber and 8 grams of plant-based protein per serving!
Toasted quinoa (pronounced: “keen-wah” for those unfamiliar) and oats combine with unsweetened coconut, pistachios and pecans. The mixture is then drizzled with melted peanut butter and honey. Once baked, each bar is hand-dipped in a succulent dark chocolate.
Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate
Note: Make sure to use gluten-free oatmeal, if you would like this recipe to be 100% gluten-free!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a baking pan and a 9×13 dish with non-stick spray.
- Place quinoa and oatmeal into baking pan and bake for 8 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, add peanut butter and honey to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until melted.
- Remove quinoa and oatmeal from oven and mix with nuts and coconut in a large bowl.
- Pour peanut butter and honey sauce over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Press into 9×13 dish and bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges are just slightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 45 minutes then cut into 12 pieces.
- Dip each bar into dark chocolate and allow to cool on a cookie sheet in the fridge until set.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy!
source: Super Healthy Kids
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page