Doomsday Clock Ticks 30 Seconds Closer to End Times
Humans have been the cause of our own demise for centuries. Because of our self-destructive natures, scientists created a symbolic Doomsday Clock to show “how close we are to destroying our civilization.” Well Folks, on Thursday, that End Times clock jumped 30 seconds closer to midnight.
Experts who tend to the Doomsday Clock are comprised of a board of the nonprofit Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists’ along with input from a board of sponsors which includes 15 Nobel Laureates.
According to the article, “Scientists moved the hands of the Doomsday Clock closer to midnight on Thursday amid increasing worries over nuclear weapons and climate change.
Each year, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, a nonprofit that sets the clock, decides whether the events of the previous year pushed humanity closer or further from destruction. The symbolic clock is now two-and-a-half minutes from midnight, the closest it’s been to midnight since 1953, when the hydrogen bomb was first tested. Scientists blamed a cocktail of threats ranging from dangerous political rhetoric to the potential of nuclear threat as the catalyst for moving the clock closer towards doomsday.”
President Trump had a lot to do with their decision to adjust the clock stating it was his ‘careless rhetoric on nuclear weapons and other issues as well as his troubling stance on climate change’ that motivated them to move us closer to end times. The threat of nuclear warfare also played heavily into the time on the clock, as do the dangers of climate change the threat from cyber technology, according to the group’s website.
Are We Really Living in the End Times?
Whether you see logic why scientists moved us up on clock or not, you’d have to be blind not to see how the entire world is in jeopardy. For years we have been staring down the threats of world food shortages, political upheaval, increase in crime across the board, a barrage of civil unrest around the world, economic decline – should I go on?
Perhaps the Doomsday Clocky isn’t too far off. Many of the ultra-rich have taken notice to the turbulent times and have quietly been making preparations to “bug out” when the time comes. One thing is for sure, they are aware of what is happening in the world, the country and locally and you should be paying attention too.
Be aware of what is happening in the world, the country, and your immediate locale.
Many believe these issues are the perfect recipe for catastrophe. While we can theorize about what may or may not happen, we need to understand that we are operating on limited information. Logically speaking, the best way to prepare for the unpredictable nature of these types of scenarios is by getting ready for them and making preparations ahead of time.
The following are ways to prepare for these erratic disasters:
- Start preparing your home, your family and mind for more difficult times.
- Create a food pantry. Creating a food supply is very beneficial to your budget. It is an investment into your future livelihood. One thing analysts and financial pundits agree on is that, in general, commodities will continue to rise. When others are buying foods at inflated prices, you will be consuming your investment when it was purchased at a lower price. Using a combination of shelf stable foods, you can create a well-rounded food supply to depend on when an emergency arises.
- Simplifying your lifestyle. Before you begin investing, take steps to get out of debt. Debt only enslaves you further, and simplifying your lifestyle can help break those shackles. Learn about these 6 ways to simplify your lifestyle.
- Preserve your wealth. Choose hard assets (dry goods, precious metals, land, livestock, skills, etc.) for long-term investments so they will hold their intrinsic value over time. Holding these types of investments will insulate you from inflation and other economic issues. Further, by tying your money up in assets it will help you avoid spending the money, thus furthering your cause of self-reliant living.
- Become a neo-pioneer! Carve a path in your life where you are no longer dependent on consuming at stores to live. Garden and grow your own food, raise livestock, learn skills to live self-reliantly, barter for goods and services.
No one knows for certain if the Doomsday Clock is accurate or if we are any closer to doomsday than we were yesterday, but what we do know is it’s an indicator of how tumultuous the times may be. And, as we learned throughout history, sometimes even the best of intentions can have disastrous consequences.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page