Hot Cocoa Mix
Because hot cocoa is synonymous with cold weather, I often make up large batches of cocoa mix for the family to enjoy. It is a great way to warm up and make that harsh weather a little more bearable (It is also a great way to use up my powdered dry milk that I have in the pantry). For the coffee lovers, add some instant coffee granules to add a little more punch to this tasty concoction.
If you’re looking for a low cost gift to give your child’s teachers this year, make up a batch of this cocoa mix and add it to a decorated mason jar and viola! The teachers will love this gift that keeps on giving!
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules, optional
- broken peppermint pieces, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or mini marshmallows
Makes 4 cups
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, milk powder, creamer, cocoa and instant coffee. Mix together until well blended. Store in a sealed container.
- To serve, Heat a cup of water per serving (or milk, for a creamier taste.) Stir in 2 to 3 heaping teaspoons of cocoa mixture.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page