Pumpkin Spice Waffles
I love fall and have been looking forward to this season for almost a year. The crisp air and the colorful changes of the leaves provide me with a much-needed break from the summer months.
My baking seems to reflect my love for this season. This morning, I made pumpkin spiced waffles for my family and realized that I needed to share it with all of you.
This is the perfect welcome meal to celebrate fall and pairs perfectly with a spicy chai tea latte or your favorite hot beverage. Drizzle some warm maple syrup or dust it lightly with powdered sugar, this recipe won’t disappoint.
Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar or substitute 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and warm
1. Lightly oil and preheat waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Whisk together to break apart the cornstarch and blend. Add the remaining dry ingredients, and whisk to blend.
3. Separate eggs: yolks go in a medium-sized bowl and whites get set aside in a smaller bowl.
4. In a medium bowl, add pumpkin, milk and egg yolks. Whisk to blend.
5. In a small bowl, whip egg whites with a hand mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
6. Pour melted butter into pumpkin mixture. As you pour, whisk to combine.
7. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix together until just combined.
8. Slide the whipped egg whites out of the bowl and onto the mixture you just prepared. Gently fold them in until completely mixed.
9. Once the waffle iron is heated, pour batter and press down until ready – about 3 minutes.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page