Simple Snacks: Homemade Granola
Granola is a favorite snack amongst outdoor enthusiasts simply because it’s light weight and high in calories. However, this popular snack is not only filling, but can also be considered a healthy, multi purpose snack since it can be used in muffins, used as a cereal, as yogurt toppers, and made into granola bars. Why not save a few dollars in your grocery budget and make your own fresh granola with ingredients that you have in your pantry.
The best thing about granola is more ingredients can be added to satisfy your taste. Enjoy this simple granola recipe that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
Easy Homemade Granola
- 2 c. regular rolled oats
- 1/2 c. flaked coconut flakes
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped nuts such almonds, pecans or peanuts
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 c. cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- a dash of almond extract
- a dash of coconut extract
- 1/2 – 1 c. of dried fruit of your choice (dried cherries, apples, bananas, cranberries, raisins, blueberries are a great choice)
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips (optional)
1. Combine all the ingredients and stir thoroughly. Add to a baking sheet
2. Cook at 300 degrees for 20- 25 minutes, or until lightly toasty. The granola will crisp up more once it cools.
Makes 6 cups
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page