Zucchini Carrot Chickpea Patty
With summer, comes the bounties of the garden… and sometimes, those bounties are never ending. We had a huge zucchini harvest this year and I’ve had to find creative ways of adding it to our meals. My kids loved these veggie bean patties and it’s a great way to add healthy protein sources to the summer diet.
I try and keep the recipe as healthy as possible and opt out on frying them, but you can do that too. Dip these yummy patties in Ranch dressing and it’s amazing! Also, they make great patties for veggie burgers. Enjoy!
Zucchini Carrot Chickpea Patties
Makes about 9
- 1 can garbanzo beans (or 2 cups prepared)
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (You can find a recipe for sriracha sauce here.)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat cast iron griddle on medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender, add garbanzo beans and oil and mix until smooth.
- Add grated vegetables and mix until incorporated. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form patties and place on hot griddle.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on eat side or until a crust forms. Flip patty and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page