On the eleventh day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me
Eleven thumbprint cookies,
Ten festive pinwheels ,
Nine shortbread cookies ,
Eight gingerbread people ,
Seven layer cookies ,
Six Snickerdoodles ,
Five Sugar Cookies ,
Four Viennese Crescents ,
Three Candy Cane cookies ,
Two Toffee Squares ,
And a cookie shaped like a Christmas tree .
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam 
- sugar for sprinkling
For icing drizzle:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a medium bowl, beat butter on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add the the granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Beat until well combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with electric mixer and then use a wooden spoon to stir in any remaining flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or until dough is pliable.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets . Using your thumb, press an indentation into the center of each ball. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the jam into each indentation and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
- To make the icing, combine powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract in a bowl. Add water until icing is drizzling consistency. Drizzle cookies with the icing.