The next war  will be initiated by an EMP device above the continental U.S., followed by a limited nuclear exchange, and then conventional warfare.
(Sign up for our FREE newsletter  to get the latest prepping advice, gardening secrets, homesteading tips and more delivered straight to your inbox!)
That being said, the main things we are going to concentrate on here are naturopathic and homeopathic aids that can be used for both preventative measures and also in the event that radiation from a nuclear bomb comes into play. When a nuclear blast occurs, there is a tremendous amount (with a ground blast) of dust, debris, and particulate matter that is sucked up into the fireball that terminates in the “mushroom cloud” we are all so familiar with seeing in photos. The main problem comes from when that debris settles back down to the earth in the form of radioactive materials.
A nuclear blast produces Alpha particles, Beta Particles, Gamma Rays, and Neutrons. These particles and waves can be shielded against in the form of a fallout shelter with varying degrees of thickness being required to prevent people from being harmed by the radiation. One of the books you may wish to invest in is “Nuclear War Survival Skills ,” by Cresson Kearney. The author worked for decades compiling the research in Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the work is classified as a Civil Defense Publication. You can order it on Amazon.com.
There is actually many foods that can be used both preventively and to detoxify after the body has absorbed harmful radiation. We will list several of them here:
- Activated Charcoal  – this is easy to obtain without any complications or side effects, and it is not particularly expensive. Approximately 10 g (grams) of activated charcoal will neutralize up to 7 g of toxic material, and yes, it does neutralize radiation.
- Organic Geranium – this holistic herb combats the free radicals that are released with the introduction of radiation and harm the cells. It is effective against Cesium-137 and Gamma Rays. The Japanese have found great success with the use of this herb for patients exposed to radiation from Fukushima, and their experiments yielded good effects with a dosage of 100 mg (milligrams) per day. You can read more about it here .
- Clay – binds to radioactive particles and prevents them from having further damaging effects to the human body. The clay “carries” the radiation from the human body when it is excreted in the urine and the stool. A good website that details the types and uses of these protective clays is found here: www.vitalityherbsandclay.com .
- Fruits high in pectin, such as apples – they bind to Cs-137 (mentioned in #2) and neutralize its effects.
- Calcium and Magnesium – in combination will lower Strontium-90 absorption by as much as 90%. The Orolate forms of it are preferred, as it will be more readily absorbable into the human skeletal system. When taken preventatively, they strengthen bone tissue and increase bone health. The Calcium can be taken by adults 800 – 1500 mg/day, and children need 800 mg per day. The Magnesium is taken 550 – 1100 mg per day. Note: Caution must be taken by those with heart conditions who are already on such medications as Calcium Channel Blockers or those whose conditional maintenance depends on a balance of electrolytes and minerals that the addition of these two may affect.
There are other foods that detoxify the human body and are effective against radiation. Here are some: Seaweed, Kelp , Garlic, Onions, Wheatgrass, Sauerkraut, Ginger, Horseradish, Spirulina , Chlorella , and Kale. This list is by no means exhaustive, and there are many websites that specialize in each of the aforementioned “list of 5” mentioned earlier, as well as these.
The best thing you can do to prepare yourself  is to keep yourself abreast of current events, have sufficient books and materials to help you plan, and have a store of supplies such as those mentioned to enable you to take action when the time comes. We hope not, but it is better to be prepared and hope than to simply hope and remain unprepared. I strongly recommend a copy of Kearney’s previously-mentioned book in order to go in-depth for things such as building fallout shelters (long-term and expedient), how to construct a Kearney Fallout Meter , and specifics on nuclear fallout , taken from years of testing with laboratory findings to back up the facts.
Now is the time to prepare if you have not yet done so. Get the whole family involved . The more knowledge you have together, the less of a “mystery” radiation becomes, and it can then be viewed for what it is: a dangerous variable that you can nevertheless defeat and defend against in your battle to survive, and thrive. Keep fighting that good fight. JJ out!