If you prefer, you can substitute quinoa  instead of couscous for added nutrition.
These zesty couscous stuffed tomatoes are perfect as a side dish, or wonderful all on their own. Best of all, you can use those herbs that you’ve been growing in your garden.
Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 tomatoes (large vine ripened)
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375° F.
2.Cook couscous with chicken stock according to recommended directions. Allow to cool.
3.In the meantime, slice tops from the tomatoes and reserve. Using a teaspoon, scoop out flesh and seeds and place tomatoes and tops on a baking tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender.
4.Once couscous has cooled, in a large bowl add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5.Add filling to tomato shells and add tomato top.
6.Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.