The chipotles will balance out the sweetness of the strawberries and really give some oomph to this sauce and is amazing on all meat types. My family loved it on ribs, chicken and pork tenderloin.
Now that barbecue season is quickly approaching, I thought I’d share this new take on the traditional bbq sauce and kick things up a notch. Happy grilling!
Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled (if they are large cut them in half)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- In a large pot, sterilize pint-size canning jars, lids, and rims.
- In a large saucepan, add strawberries, lemon, and sugar and cook over medium heat until they start to caramelize about 15-20 minutes. Skim off any foam that may develop from the cooking process.
- Add remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until pureed. Add ingredients to strawberries and simmer for 2o minutes.
- Ladle bbq sauce into canning jars, remove air bubbles and wipe rims before sealing.
- Process in hot water bath for 20 minutes.