The rich color of cranberries are not only eye catching but a delicious and healthy way to give your meals some pizzazz!
Cranberries are among the top tier of foods that possess health benefits. These little berries are full of antioxidants, which protects cells from free radicals. They also contain proanthocyanidins (PACs) that can prevent the adhesion of certain of bacteria, including E. coli, associated with urinary tract infections to the urinary tract wall. The anti-adhesion properties of cranberry may also inhibit the bacteria associated with gum disease and stomach ulcers. Cranberries are also rich in phytonutrients giving you an upper hand at combatting various diseases.
Consider this delicious cranberry chutney recipe the next time you feel the need to add some color and southern charm to your dinner plate.
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled, tough membrane removed, chopped or 1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbls agave nectar
- 1 largeapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cranberries are bursting.
- Chill until serving time; freeze surplus in small containers.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page