Now That Obama Ceded Control of the Internet, Here’s What It Means
ReadyNutrition Readers, as you may or may not know, as of midnight, October 1, 2016
, the U.S. control over the Internet was handed over to ICANN
, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
. Congressmen wrote letters, experts petitioned their protests, and four states lodged a complaint in a U.S. District Court in Galveston, TX. Guess what? Nothing worked, and in the latter, the District Court judge was an Obama appointee who denied any delay in the transfer
of the Internet into foreign hands on September 30, 2016. Foreign nations, such as Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Iran, and Cuba, to name a few, are now in control of the Internet and its functions.
This is very bad.
Already there are effects being felt. There have been many comments on many different websites about the slowness of the Internet, coupled with the inability to log onto sites, especially those of the independent news media. Personally I have experienced such, in the form of not being able to enter Alex Jones, Dave Hodges, or SHTFplan’s websites, the latter of which I write for. Responses I have received on the screen vary from “Yahoo is unable to connect with this website,” or “Malfunction in connecting to this website,” or “This website is temporarily unavailable.” Sometimes the page comes up and a message “[Whatever website] not responding,” and nothing can be accessed from the site.
Such has been happening for the past two weeks, now, prior to the handover of the Internet to ICANN. Interestingly enough, after attempts to reach these websites, I was completely successful if I entered some left-wing or liberal one such as “The Huffington Post” or “The Washington Post,” with absolutely no difficulties.
Let’s look at some problems from an individual perspective that will soon arise from this transfer of the Internet:
- Loss of ability/decreased ability to access conservative, independent news media sites.
- Censorship of postings and comments for the aforementioned sites.
- Problems with e-mails and e-mail delivery
- Slowdown and/or delay of Internet service.
- An exponential increase in “trolls” and other disparaging, “nonproductive” commenters on sites.
- Inability or difficulty making purchases online, for varying articles of equipment or preparation (such as night-vision devices, adaptors, anything firearm related, and literature pertaining to prepping, survival, or current events perspectives from a non-globalist perspective.
- Complete monitoring of all personal business and private communications.
- Problems with personal finances: shopping, bank accounts, checking, bill payments, and anything in these categories that is done via the Internet.
Now let’s examine some of the problems that will affect us as individuals from a national perspective:
- National Defense: Ever since GridEx 2014 in Hawaii where we allowed the Russians and the Chinese to participate in drills with the United States military, we have been at much greater risk. The Russians and Chinese now know (courtesy of Obama) our vulnerabilities regarding our electrical power infrastructure, as well as how an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) would affect them. Chinese hackers can now access our computer systems and no longer have to hack: The Internet has been handed to them.
- Shipping: all critical transportation systems for food, medicine, and other important necessities now have their inventories and shipping at the mercy of ICANN.
- Finance: it will now be a simple matter to either access or crash bank accounts, IRA’s, pensions, and business venues (such as Wall Street, the FDIC, and the Federal Reserve) can easily be shut down with the flip of a switch.
- Censorship: all of the countries mentioned will have a say in what is permitted, and they are not “icons” of freedom of speech in their own nations. They have long desired to see censorship imposed on the U.S. Such will mean the loss of or the rendering as ineffective the independent and conservative news venues.
- Monitoring: monitoring us and all of our activities – and this has military applications for those nations, as intelligence is gathered upon the economic, social, and political actions of another nation.
Spotting Trolls and How to Deal with Them
As far as the “trolls” go, they are easy to spot. They will appear on the site, and have usually never posted before, or if so, are under “anonymous” or some other generic, “nebulous” handle. Trolls disrupt the normal flow and facilitation of information in a discussion, going “off topic” in an attempt to discourage readers, website hosts, and writers with disparaging remarks and things that are insulting. Pay them no heed: continue to prepare, and sift the relevant data and useful information from the article and the comments.
Nobody is perfect: not writers, their sources, or commenters. You can spot something amiss when you see the aim is either to disparage, discourage, or discredit…all negative actions with no positive use to the preppers and positive contributors on these venues. Mark my words: this activity of negative slanders and unproductive comments will do nothing but increase with time.
Here’s another thing for you to be sure of: the trolls and collaborators working for the establishment trying to destroy the independent news sites are not going to be rewarded in the end by their handlers. They will be taken down by those they serve. To substantiate this, read Solzhenitsyn’s “Gulag Archipelago” and study the history of the formation of the Soviet Union. Read “Animal Farm” and “1984” by George Orwell (Eric Blair, if you prefer).
I ask an open question: What are you experiencing in terms of the difficulties that I have mentioned, and additionally, what solutions do you see for us as a community overall?
We are not merely welcoming your comments in this instance: we are asking you for them, please. Who knows how much time is left before such venues of communication between all of us are either prohibited or rendered ineffective? Only time will tell, but tyranny is sure to increase before it either decreases or is checked. But tyranny can and must be resisted, and you can do it. Starts in your home, with you and your family. To paraphrase that “Terminator” movie, “If you are reading this, you are the resistance.” Keep fighting the good fight, and please write to us. We’re all depending on your input. JJ out!
Jeremiah Johnson is the Nom de plume of a retired Green Beret of the United States Army Special Forces (Airborne). Mr. Johnson was a Special Forces Medic, EMT and ACLS-certified, with comprehensive training in wilderness survival, rescue, and patient-extraction. He is a Certified Master Herbalist and a graduate of the Global College of Natural Medicine of Santa Ana, CA. A graduate of the U.S. Army’s survival course of SERE school (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape), Mr. Johnson also successfully completed the Montana Master Food Preserver Course for home-canning, smoking, and dehydrating foods.
Mr. Johnson dries and tinctures a wide variety of medicinal herbs taken by wild crafting and cultivation, in addition to preserving and canning his own food. An expert in land navigation, survival, mountaineering, and parachuting as trained by the United States Army, Mr. Johnson is an ardent advocate for preparedness, self-sufficiency, and long-term disaster sustainability for families. He and his wife survived Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Cross-trained as a Special Forces Engineer, he is an expert in supply, logistics, transport, and long-term storage of perishable materials, having incorporated many of these techniques plus some unique innovations in his own homestead.
Mr. Johnson brings practical, tested experience firmly rooted in formal education to his writings and to our team. He and his wife live in a cabin in the mountains of Western Montana with their three cats.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page