Prepare For the Worst – Mandatory Evacuations Planned for Louisianna, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
BP, the government and the people of this nation have run out of time. The media blackouts cannot erase the proof of oil tides and dead carcasses washing up on the coast of the Southern Gulf States. Many are beginning to call this a modern day “Black Death.” There is no quick fix for this diabolical mess and no amount of money can be thrown at the problem to wish it away. Let’s examine what we do know: the waters are toxic, the air is toxic, the rains are toxic, and soon the water sources will become toxic (We will not even go into the speculation that the methane in the water could cause an exponential explosion, thus creating a tsunami).
According to an article, emergency planners are dealing with a prospective “dead zone” within a 200 mile radius from the Deepwater Horizon disaster datum in the Gulf. Therefore, mass mandatory evacuations are being planned by government agencies.
The article indicates that government insiders are suggesting that “plans are being put in place for the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula … The toxic rain from the Gulf is expected to poison fresh water reservoirs and lakes, streams, and rivers, which will also have a disastrous impact on agriculture and livestock, as well as drinking water, in the affected region.”
The mass exodus and relocation of millions of families will happen. It’s just a matter of when and where these displaced citizens will go.
Wake Up and Be Prepared to Evacuate
Evacuating a Community – With the threat of thousands of communities being displaced, there will be widespread chaos. If a mandatory evacuation is announced, the faster a person begins traveling to their destination the better chance of dodging traffic and any unnecessary stressful situations. If a person can evacuate before a mandatory evacuation has been announced, the better off they will be.
To expedite the process of preparing for a mandatory evacuation:
- A well defined preparedness planwith maps and alternative routes in place. Do not leave unless there is a plan in place. Additionally, prepare multiple plans if the initial plan does not work.
- Purchase maps to use during the course of the journey.
- A 72 hour bag that is ready to go for the family as well as a bag for any pets.
- Collect any family heirlooms or memorabilia. There may be a chance you will not see your home for a while.
- Have a small supply of food and water (at least 3-5 days worth).
- Leave as soon as possible. Do not wait until they have opened up the contraflow lanes to evacuate.
- Have some money set aside for an emergency. Prepare for some ATM machines and banks to be closed.
- Make sure the Bug Out Vehicle (BOV) is well maintained. Having the proper items to keep it going can be of great value in a disaster situation. Items such as an oil, extra tire, fix-a-flat, collapsible shovel, etc.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page