Tess’s Tomato Basil Soup
When it starts getting chilly, my first inclination is to make a pot of hot soup for my family. My all time favorite soup recipe (and it happens to be the simplest) is a rich and creamy tomato soup that incorporates fresh basil.
The soup is amazing when it is accompanied with fresh bread or a simple salad.
Tomato Basil Soup
- 4 cups (8 to 10) tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped, or 4 C. canned whole tomatoes, crushed
- 4 cups tomato juice and part vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 12 to 14 washed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound sweet, unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, blend tomatoes and basil and add to a saucepan and simmer 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and butter, while stirring.
In all honesty, I must give credit where it is due and my recipe is based off of the La Madeline’s. However, it is my all time favorite, and no other tomato basil soup has matched this recipe. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page