For several years now, Lisa Bedford, Survival Mom has opened her doors and invited us into her preparedness world. She did this not only to spread the message of readiness, but to help those new to prepping gain a better perspective on what it means to be prepared and how to get it done.
Unbeknownst to us, she intended on taking her message a step further, and quietly began writing a step-by-step guide on how to prepare families for everyday disasters.
Not only has she written a good resource, but she has provided some great tips and checklists to turn to in order to keep your provisions organized, well stocked and ready.
5 Reasons to Read Survival Mom:
- Her practical advice and instant survival tips can better prepare you for worst-case scenarios.
- Her emphasis on family-preparedness and getting the kids involved puts a fresh spin on the subject of planning for emergencies.
- Is a great reference for those new to prepping and a great refresher course for those who are more seasoned.
- Her chapters on food storage are detailed and will give you the encouragement you need to get your emergency pantry set up.
- This book shows no fear when it comes to home security and self protection measures.
Those of us who are in the prepper world understand the importance of being ready for those unexpected emergencies. In fact, being prepared also gives you a better frame of mind while in the middle of a crisis. Lisa understands this survival strategy and emphasizes it in her book. As a matter of fact, “Prepare more, panic less” is her first chapter! And this chapter sets the precedence for the rest of the book.
To conclude, Larry King once said, “Good writers are in the business of leaving signposts saying, ‘Tour my world, see and feel it through my eyes; I am your guide.'” Survival Mom is a well-written preparedness guide that gives you a first hand perspective into Lisa’s world and how she has prepared her family.