In an effort to stock up on my pantry meals for the upcoming winter season, I canned this delicious soup today.
It’s quite versatile also. There are times when I add kidney beans to soup to add a little more sustenance or I will change up the vegetables and add zuchinni or corn.
Either way, it’s hearty, tasty and my kids can’t get enough of it!
Hearty Hamburger Soup
Yield: 8 servings (2-3 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces water
- 1 can (16 ounces) diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Add peas. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the beans are tender.
To Can: In sterilized jars, ladle soup into jars leaving 2 inches of head space. Wipe rim of jar and secure lids and bands and cook in a pressure cooker for 75 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure.