Strawberries n’ Cream Icebox Cake
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 sleeves graham crackers (I used cinnamon grahams for extra flavor)
- chocolate syrup, optional
- Reserve 6 strawberries and set aside for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries into thin slices and place in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream until it peaks. Add confectioners sugar and vanilla and whip until combined.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Lay down 6 graham crackers and lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries. Repeat 3 times, until you have 4 layers of graham crackers. Spread the last of the whipped cream and add any remaining sliced strawberries.
- Garnish with whole berries and lightly drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours, or until the crackers have softened.