These nuggets are made from fresh quality ingredients like chicken breasts, bread crumbs and seasonings, not pink slime. Here’s a healthier oven-baked recipe that your family will love to turn to when they need a quick meal.
Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings and set aside. In a small bowl, add egg and turn with fork until mixed well.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-2-inch sized pieces.
- Dip chicken pieces into the egg, then coat with the seasoned breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer. I will also spritz some olive oil on top of chicken nuggets to help them crisp up in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.