This hearty potato soup is delicious, filling and so easy to mix up for those busy days.
Another plus to making this potato soup mix is that it’s a great emergency “just add water” meal that you can have ready for times when the electricity.
Potato Soup in a Jar
Makes 2 quart size jars
- 4 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable bouillon granules
- 4 tsps dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together and store in a closed container for up to 12 months.
To make 1 serving of soup:
- Place 1/2 cup of soup mix in a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water and stir to smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with bacon bits.