Peaches are one of my all time favorite fruit. It could be the childhood memories of eating fresh peaches from my grandfather’s orchard or the cobblers that were made from them. One thing is for sure, I love them!
This humble, yet divine dessert is simple to make, but can be dressed up for a crowd pleasing confection. Make the most of peach season and try this delectable treat.
Sweet Baked Peaches
- 6 peaches, halved
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- Wash and halve peaches. Leave on the skin to help keep the shape of the fruit during baking.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, lemon peel and spices in a medium bowl. Toss in chopped pecans. With a fork, work butter into the mixture until it resembles moist crumbs.
- Distribute crumble mixture over peaches, placing peaches in greased baking dish, ensuring even space between the peaches.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a sharp knife meets little resistance in peach.
- Serve warm with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream.