Golden Quinoa Fritters
Quinoa is my favorite grain these days and I’ve been experimenting with different recipes to explore this grain further.
To learn about all the healthy benefits of this grain, click here.
These fritters can be eaten with a spicy aioli dipping sauce, used as a vegetarian burger or can be set out as an appetizer for guests. The recipe is versatile enough to add additional spices or herbs to play up the flavor, so get creative!
- 4 cups quinoa
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and pour the quinoa in. Cook it for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and finely chop green onions and garlic.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Wash, dry, thin and chop the parsley.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Sautee the onions and carrots until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix quinoa, carrots and onions, parsley and whole eggs. Shape small round cakes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick pan. Place the patties and cook 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and place them in a dish.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page