Homemade Beef Noodle Soup
The unheard of happened in Texas this weekend. After much praying, we finally had a long rainy day. As the rain started falling and continued to fall for the rest of the day, I wanted to celebrate and treat my family to a hot bowl of savory beef soup and homemade egg noodles. I made the noodles a few weeks ago and dehydrated them so that I could use them for a rainy day.
Good things take time and this soup took all day to cook. The family kept buzzing around the kitchen wondering when it would be finished. Once I finally served the soup, my family sat around the table eating, munching on crusty bread and talking about the day. One thing I can say for this rainy day is that it got us all to slow down, catch up and enjoy eachother’s company.
- 1 tbls. oil
- 2 lbs. beef with bone in
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 cup of pureed or chopped tomatoes
- 1 beet, whole
- 5 carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, whole
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 c. peas
- 1-2 tbls. herbs for seasoning (dill and oregano work well with this soup)
- Salt for seasoning
- Flash fry the beef in oil for about 5 minutes on each side in order to seal up the meal. Add seasonings to each side.
- Add water and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Then, lower temperature and simmer on a very low setting for 5-10 hours.
- Allow to cool for an hour.
- Remove the onion and beet if you have picky kids.
- Take out the meat and vegetables and cut into bite size pieces. (This can be done ahead of time. I was just feeling lazy and decided to cut it after it was cooked).
- Cook noodles in a separate pot and add to soup bowls individually.
- Enjoy with some crusty bread on the side.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page