No-Bake Strawberries n’ Cream Icebox Cake
My grandmother’s favorite dessert to make was icebox cakes and pies. They were a breeze to whip and didn’t require any baking so it didn’t heat up the kitchen. Her favorite was lemon icebox pie, but every now and then, she’d venture out and try different versions. Now that strawberries are at the peak of their season, I had to try this delicious strawberries n’ cream icebox cake and pay homage to my sweet grandma.
Strawberries n’ Cream Icebox Cake
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 sleeves graham crackers (I used cinnamon grahams for extra flavor)
- chocolate syrup, optional
- Reserve 6 strawberries and set aside for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries into thin slices and place in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream until it peaks. Add confectioners sugar and vanilla and whip until combined.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Lay down 6 graham crackers and lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries. Repeat 3 times, until you have 4 layers of graham crackers. Spread the last of the whipped cream and add any remaining sliced strawberries.
- Garnish with whole berries and lightly drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours, or until the crackers have softened.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page