Potatoes are a staple in many households. They’re cheap, they’re filling and best of all, they’re extremely versatile.
This simple potato bread recipe is the perfect accompaniment to a soup or stew. Use it to either make 1 loaf of potato bread or used to make potato rolls.
You can also use dehydrated potato flakes to make this tasty bread and rehydrate them beforehand. It’s so simple!
- 1 cup potatoes, mashed (prepared instant potato flakes can also be used)
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a bread pan or baking sheet, depending on whether you making a single loaf or rolls.
- In a large bowl, beat together the mashed potatoes, yeast, sugar and water until no lumps remain.
- Sift together the flour and salt. Mix in the potato mixture.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth. Form into a loaf or individual buns and transfer to the prepared pan or baking sheet.
- Bake until the bread starts to brown, about 35 minutes for a loaf or 15-25 minutes for buns. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page