What better way to deal with the scorching heat than eating watermelon. It re-hydrates you and the natural sugars make this a delicious summer treat.
Watermelon salsa is a great way to use up any leftover watermelon you may have. The sweet and spicy combination of this salsa is to die for!
- 2 cups seeded finely chopped Watermelon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Whisk lime juice and honey in large bowl and stir well until mixed. Add watermelon and all remaining ingredients; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow salsa to chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page