You’d be surprised how easy they are to make and how much better they are for your health. If you take a close look at the ingredients of some of your favorite products, you’d be surprised how many harmful chemicals there are. I made this discovery when looked at the ingredients of my deodorant and found that cancer-causing agents. I quickly found a natural version that I use today.
I found a few more natural recipes that I thought I would share and most of them use the same ingredients. Using five main ingredients: baking soda, cornstarch, vinegar, ammonia, and alcohol, you can make your own cleaning products! So, run out to the store and add to your prepping supplies.
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- 1/4 c. cornstarch (If you have especially sensitive skin, increase the amount of cornstarch to 6T and decrease the baking soda to 2T)
- 10 drops of essential oil (these are some of my favorites)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Put 1/4 cup each of baking soda and cornstarch in a bowl and add 10+ drops of scented oil (you can add more if you would like).
- Stir 2+ tbsp of coconut oil until it is the consistency you like.
- Smash the mixture into an empty deodorant container.
- Let it set a few days and enjoy.
Note: This deodorant should be applied lightly. It is invisible, but works.
- 1 bar of soap
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 quart of water
- squeeze bottle
- Wash hair with soap and rinse.
- Squeeze vinegar and water solution onto your hair and rise.
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- Spray bottle
- Shake well and apply a small amount to a cleaning rag or cloth.
- Spread evenly over furniture surface. Turn cloth to a dry side and polish dry.
- 1 c. rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol
- 1 c. water
- 1 tbsp of non-sudsing ammonia (clear ammonia)
- Shake well and apply.
Homemade Spray Cleaner
- 1 c. white vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 c. water
- Shake well and apply. Use on kitchen countertops, toilets, bathrooms, bathtubs.
Pre-Wash Mix for Laundry
- 1 tsp. liquid detergent
- 2 tbsp. household ammonia
- 1-pint warm water
- Shake well in a spray bottle and apply to stains.
- Allow mixture to stand 15 minutes before laundering.