As an adult, I suppose I am on that same quest for great bread recipes. And since his bread recipes are already perfected, I thought I would share his recipe with you all as well as another recipe I found on the Internet. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family does.
Pop’s Beer Bread
- 3 c. self rising flour
- 1 tbls. sugar
- 2 tbls. honey
- 1 bottle Samuel Adams Lager beer
- Mix in bowl with spoon. Pour into greased bread pan and place in a warm oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
No Knead Beer Bread
- 3. flour
- 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 3. tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. beer (I used a Texas beer called Shiner Bock)
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into bread pan.
- Cover bread with plastic wrap. Allow bread dough to sit and rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425. Place bread pan with risen dough in oven and reduce temperature to 350. Bake for 55 minutes or until internal bread temperature is about 200 degrees.