There is only so much eggs and bacon that your kids will eat. Let’s be honest, they get bored with meals served over and over again.
I have found that if you change how the meals are presented, the kids are more accepting to the foods. So, here’s a way to combine most kids favorite food – pizza with breakfast. I like to make my pizza crust and cook the bacon or sausage in advance to cut down on prep time.
Try this out, I bet your kids will love it!
For Hasbrown Crust
- 3 cups hash brown potatoes, shredded and thawed
- 1/3 cup. onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- <¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- To prepare the crust, combine the potatoes, onion, egg, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and flour in a mixing bowl. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated, then place them on a well-greased cookie sheet, 9” cake pan, or 9” oven-safe sauté pan. (If using a cookie sheet, mold the potatoes into a 9” round shape).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4-5 ounces of breakfast meat – either crumbled bacon, chunked sausage or sliced ham
- 1/4 minced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Set your prepared dish with the pizza dough aside.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and pour over the center of the crust. Use a spoon, or a pastry brush to evenly disperse the egg.
- Evenly cover and sprinkle the meat in the egg.
- If you want to have them, add the green onion.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Set in oven on the center rack and check it after 15 minutes or until the egg has set and cheese is golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.