My family was requesting homemade bread last night and I decided to add my dandelion honey to change things up.
I love the subtle flavor of this bread, and the texture comes out perfect.
This is a great bread to try out for those new to bread making. If your family is like mine, you may want to double the recipe to make an extra loaf!
Dandelion Honey Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet of yeast
- 3 tablespoons dandelion honey
- 1 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- In a small bowl, add warm water and yeast and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add yeast mixture to dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover for 2 hours or until it has risen.
- Gently deflate dough and shape into a 9″ log. Allow to rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 30-40 minutes or until it is golden brown.