It has been said that taking vitamins are not to keep death at bay, but to keep us from deteriorating. What happens if you become vitamin deficient? A few of the symptoms may include, (but are not limited to) chronic fatigue, anemia, lowered immune, scurvy, susceptibility to immune deficient diseases such as MRSA, hypertension, joint pain, and chronic inflammation to name a few (Source). These symptoms are no way to survive an emergency, especially if it is for the long haul.
Regular intakes of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C, D, (and the rest of the vitamin alphabet) are required to maintain physical health, mental clarity and diffuse stress. If a long term emergency occurs, many individuals may find these vitamins hard to come by. Storing vitamins is always an option, but their potency may diminish due to natural elements such as humidity and sunlight. Alternatives such as vitamin supplement drinks are a great way to get the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to help maintain metabolic function, and to boost energy levels.
- Each packet delivers essential vitamins and minerals that benefit the immune system, increase energy levels, promote healthy nervous system functions, and promote healthy neurotransmitter health.
- In fact, vitamin powders such as Emergen-C provide 1,000 mg of vitamin C, 7 of the B vitamins to increase energy naturally, electrolytes to refuel the body, and offers an array of flavors.
- Individual packets are sealed for long term use.
- Packets can easily be stored for 72 hour kits and vehicle 72 hour kits.
- Packets provide a refreshing taste to treated water (Typically water that has been treated with iodine, bleach or chlorine has an unattractive taste. When a flavored drink mix is added to the treated water, the chemical taste is not as apparent).
Emergen-C vitamin packets can be given to children as well. For children 2-3, mix half the packet of vitamin mix to a 4 ounce glass of water. For children 4 and up, mix 1 packet of vitamin mix to 4 ounces of water a day. Go to the website for more information. For more information and facts about the vitamin drink mix, click here.