To learn about all the healthy benefits of this grain, click here.
These fritters can be eaten with a spicy aioli dipping sauce, used as a vegetarian burger or can be set out as an appetizer for guests. The recipe is versatile enough to add additional spices or herbs to play up the flavor, so get creative!
- 4 cups quinoa
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and pour the quinoa in. Cook it for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and finely chop green onions and garlic.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Wash, dry, thin and chop the parsley.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Sautee the onions and carrots until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix quinoa, carrots and onions, parsley and whole eggs. Shape small round cakes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick pan. Place the patties and cook 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and place them in a dish.