Homemade chips don’t last long in my house. I like making them for my family because I know they are a healthy alternative to store bought chips. That said, store bought chips are nothing compared to homemade.
This recipe is very versatile so play around with the spices. For instance, when I’m making potato chips with brown or red potatoes, I add garlic powder, Italian spice and chili powder. With the sweet potato chips, I add chili powder, cumin and sprinkle some sugar on top. With a little forethought, you can make your own chips too.
Oven Baked Potato Chips
- 3 potatoes – either sweet potatoes or your preferred brown potato
- vegetable oil for spraying
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice potatoes with a mandolin slicer or with a sharp knife.
- Lay out the potato slices on a single sheet in the oven. Spray the potatoes with vegetable oil on each side and sprinkle lightly with salt or any additional seasonings.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, monitoring the chips frequently to make sure they don’t burn. If you want, you can flip the chips halfway through baking.