This simple potato bread recipe is the perfect accompaniment to a soup or stew. Use it to either make 1 loaf of potato bread or used to make potato rolls.
You can also use dehydrated potato flakes to make this tasty bread and rehydrate them beforehand. It’s so simple!
- 1 cup potatoes, mashed (prepared instant potato flakes can also be used)
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a bread pan or baking sheet, depending on whether you making a single loaf or rolls.
- In a large bowl, beat together the mashed potatoes, yeast, sugar and water until no lumps remain.
- Sift together the flour and salt. Mix in the potato mixture.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth. Form into a loaf or individual buns and transfer to the prepared pan or baking sheet.
- Bake until the bread starts to brown, about 35 minutes for a loaf or 15-25 minutes for buns. Allow to cool on a wire rack.