I love baking with pumpkin because it adds a nice texture to whatever you are preparing. To start the season off, I wanted to make an oldie but a goody, spiced pumpkin bread.
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or store bought)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil and yogurt in another large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the walnuts. Gently stir until ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until golden brown and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar, f desired.