Amazing Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
One of the mistakes that beginning preppers make is to not use their stored food supply. It’s easy to forget when food is stored out of sight. Make a point to go to your storage area once a month to inventory supplies and bring the food stuffs that are nearing expiration.
Those of you who have stored flour know that it expires more quickly than storing wheat berries. Therefore, to prevent bug infestations and expiration dates, begin using your stored flour.
Here is a simple bread recipe that can be used. It’s mellow and sweet; and is the best tasting wheat bread recipe I have found.
Simple Wheat Bread
- 5 c. wheat flour (or 2 c. white flour and 3 c. whole wheat)
- 2 c. water (at 100 degrees)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. honey
- 3 tbls. olive oil
- 4 tsp. yeast
(makes 2 loaves)
- Stir in yeast to water in a small bowl and set aside to allow yeast to activate.
- Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl except for flour.
- When all ingredients are mixed, throw flour in and yeast/water on top and mix thoroughly.
- Allow bread to rest and rise for about 2 hours (I use my microwave).
- After bread has risen, punch bread down and knead dough about 2 minutes. Shape dough to form 2 loaves.
- Allow bread to rest in oven for another hour. Hint* – Placing bread in oven with a bowl of hot water helps the dough rise faster.
- Cook bread at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once the bread is removed from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page