Essential Emergency Preps: Vitamin Infused Powders
It has been said that taking vitamins are not to keep death at bay, but to keep us from deteriorating. What happens if you become vitamin deficient? A few of the symptoms may include, (but are not limited to) chronic fatigue, anemia, lowered immune, scurvy, susceptibility to immune deficient diseases such as MRSA, hypertension, joint pain, and chronic inflammation to name a few (Source). These symptoms are no way to survive an emergency, especially if it is for the long haul.
Regular intakes of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C, D, (and the rest of the vitamin alphabet) are required to maintain physical health, mental clarity and diffuse stress. If a long term emergency occurs, many individuals may find these vitamins hard to come by. Storing vitamins is always an option, but their potency may diminish due to natural elements such as humidity and sunlight. Alternatives such as vitamin supplement drinks are a great way to get the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to help maintain metabolic function, and to boost energy levels.
Benefits of Storing Vitamin Powders
- Each packet delivers essential vitamins and minerals that benefit the immune system, increase energy levels, promote healthy nervous system functions, and promote healthy neurotransmitter health.
- In fact, vitamin powders such as Emergen-C provide 1,000 mg of vitamin C, 7 of the B vitamins to increase energy naturally, electrolytes to refuel the body, and offers an array of flavors.
- Individual packets are sealed for long term use.
- Packets can easily be stored for 72 hour kits and vehicle 72 hour kits.
- Packets provide a refreshing taste to treated water (Typically water that has been treated with iodine, bleach or chlorine has an unattractive taste. When a flavored drink mix is added to the treated water, the chemical taste is not as apparent).
Emergen-C vitamin packets can be given to children as well. For children 2-3, mix half the packet of vitamin mix to a 4 ounce glass of water. For children 4 and up, mix 1 packet of vitamin mix to 4 ounces of water a day. Go to the website for more information. For more information and facts about the vitamin drink mix, click here.
Click here for a free sample of Emergen-C
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page