I’m always on the lookout for new squash recipes. I love the nutty flavor of butternut squash and this recipe was a delicious addition to my recipe box.
Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage and Cranberries
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil*, divided
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds from the center and discard. Cut squash into large chunks. Coat with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until well caramelized.
- Peel onion and cut into large chunks. Coat with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread on a second lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until well caramelized.
- When squash and onions are done, toss with sage and cranberries. Serve immediately.
This article was originally published at Ready Nutrition™ on November 3rd, 2012