Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Infused Moonshine
Gear up, I’m about to take the whole PSL (pumpkin spice latte) fad to a whole new level! Many of you are getting ready to Halloween festivities and may be looking for a yummy adult beverage to serve at the parties. With all the flavors of fall, pumpkin spice moonshine is a fun drink that has a great kick! Here’s my favorite pumpkin spice blend:
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Whether you have made your own moonshine from scratch and want to kick it up a little or go the easy route and purchase some high proof alcohol, this is a great drink to serve at all the adult-centered Halloween parties.
Pumpkin Spiced Moonshine
- 1 large can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) of thawed frozen apple juice concentrate.
- 2 pints of high proof alcohol (vodka, everclear, “moonshine.”)*
- Whip cream *optional
- In a blender combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, 1 can of thawed frozen apple juice concentrate.
- Add mixture to a large pot and add two 2 pints of alcohol. (You won’t be cooking with the pot, I just found it to help mix the contents up better).
- Stir mixture until smooth and then ladle into into Mason jars, seal and refrigerate. When you are ready for beverage drink to mix the spices up and, if preferred, add a dollop of whipped cream for the full effect. (We made a sugar rim on the glass and served it as is, and it was amazing!)
Remember to drink responsibly and make good choices!
Tess Pennington is the author of The Prepper’s Blueprint, a comprehensive guide that uses real-life scenarios to help you prepare for any disaster. Because a crisis rarely stops with a triggering event the aftermath can spiral, having the capacity to cripple our normal ways of life. The well-rounded, multi-layered approach outlined in the Blueprint helps you make sense of a wide array of preparedness concepts through easily digestible action items and supply lists.
Tess is also the author of the highly rated Prepper’s Cookbook, which helps you to create a plan for stocking, organizing and maintaining a proper emergency food supply and includes over 300 recipes for nutritious, delicious, life-saving meals.
Visit her web site at ReadyNutrition.com for an extensive compilation of free information on preparedness, homesteading, and healthy living.
This information has been made available by Ready Nutrition
share this article with others
Leave A Comment...
Ready Nutrition Home Page